Monday, June 17, 2013

Monsters University

Got a pair of premiere tickets to Monsters University in 3D at The Cathay. Thanks to Nuffnang, I got to watch this film before it is out in cinemas with Char.

I had to rush down to The Cathay for the movie. Hence, I do not have much time to eat my dinner and had to settle with a fast bite at the Popeyes. Bought a small popcorn + nuggets set to the theatre as Char wanted it.

It had been a long time since I last watched a 3D movie because 3D movie makes me rather giddy after watching. However, I think that the 3D now have improved ever since. It doesn't makes me feel giddy and the glasses is much lighter now.

Prior to the film, there's a short film called The Blue Umbrella which is rather entertaining and funny. It was very enjoyable watching it.


The Blue Umbrella is a 2013 Pixar computer-animated short film that is released alongside Monsters University. The short film is directed by Saschka Unseld of Pixar's technical department. The six-minute film is about a blue umbrella that takes a fancy to a red umbrella and, in trying to follow that fancy, gets weather-beaten and wind-blown during a rainstorm.

Alright, now let me talk about the main film, Monsters University!


In my opinion, the film is really cute and funny. I would say it is a film that is very suitable for families with children. I feel that the storyline is good and the animation is done really well. It makes me want to see more but the only possible way to see more is to watch the 2001 sequel, Monsters, Inc. Haha. And lastly, if you are going to watch this film, do wait till the end of the credits for a surprise!

Read my previous post to know more about Monsters University!

No comments:

Post a Comment