Saturday, June 8, 2013

TungLok Signatures + Honeymoon Dessert @ VivoCity

Amanda and I went Vivo to have dinner with G and GM at TungLok Signatures.

TungLok Signatures offers a range of traditional Chinese cuisine, such as Cantonese, Shanghainese and Sichuan dishes with a dash of Modern creations - authentic in tastes but with TungLok’s distinctive touch.

Many said that if you are a fan of cuisines under the TungLok brand, you must visit the TungLok Signatures. The reason is simply because TungLok Signatures have all your favourite signature dishes all under one roof. Isn't this great especially for TungLok fans~ Haha

Well, G and GM were early so they ate some appetizers, Pickled Cucumbers and Deep Fried Silverfish. (This explains the reason for the amount of silverfish in the picture below and no picture for pickled cucumbers)

Deep Fried Silverfish

I find that the Deep Fried Silverfish is nice, crispy and tasty but I can't eat much of it because it will choke my throat everytime I ate it and I had to drink lots of tea. I have no idea why the silverfish doesn't like my throat.

Anyway, below were the dishes that we ate:

Soup

Sakura Chicken

Curry Prawn and Man Tou

Chicken Eggplant

In my opinion, all the foods are nice and I particularly like the prawns, the sakura chicken and the eggplant the most. The prawns are very fresh and big, very delicious and the curry gravy is very nice to eat with the rice. The meat of the sakura chicken is very juicy and tender while the eggplant comes in very thin slices and it is very yummy.

All in all, it was a very sumptuous dinner we had.

After our dinner at TungLok, we headed over to Honeymoon Dessert for some sweet treats. The queue was quite long but luckily the queueing time is not that long.

Honeymoon Desserts serves many different types of desserts. They have more than one outlets in Singapore and many outlets in several different countries.

We use our queueing time to look at what we want to eat so as to save time and we decide to each ordered our own bowl of hot desserts.

We ordered two Sesame Paste & Almond Tea, one Almond Tea with Thai Black Glutinous Rice and one Walnut Paste with Thai Black Glutinous Rice.

From left to right: Sesame Paste & Almond Tea, Almond Tea with Thai Black Glutinous Rice, Walnut Paste with Thai Black Glutinous Rice

All are nice but I find that the sesame paste together with the almond tea, kind of make the paste watery and in my opinion, I would prefer to have the sesame paste alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment